:: h o m e   ::   a m b e r   ::   e t s y   ::   f a v o r i t e s   ::   f a c e b o o k ::

>> Sunday, August 30, 2009

Friend Makin Mondays


Welcome back to another week of Friend Makin Mondays!! I'm so glad that you've hopped on over to this little blog to participate. I making new friends. I've made SO many friends from FMM, including last week! So nice to meet you.


If you know anything about me, you know I'm kinda nosey. For instance, I like to know random details about people's lives and just how they live. I sometimes wonder if people get tired of me asking the most random version of '20 questions' in the history of anything. I like to know how people live their lives.


So with that said, here's my version of 20 questions for you.


1. Do you cook every night?
I try to cook every night. Easy stuff. But sometimes you just need a Taco Bell Tuesday. :)


2. What kind of laundry detergent do you use & why?

Tide with Downy, High Efficiency. It smells SOOOO good. And the HE is just necessary


3. Do you do laundry every day or loads at a time?

I try to keep on top of the laundry, doing a load every day. Sometimes I succeed, and sometimes {like now} I have a good 4 loads waiting for me tomorrow. :/


4. How often do you eat out per week?
TOO much. Always 3 times on the weekend {Friday night, Sat for lunch, Sun after church}. Occasionally during the week for "Taco Bell Tuesday", what I say when it's one of 'those' days. And sometimes I eat out for lunch to get out of the house.


5. Where do you usually eat out?
Taco Bell, McDonald's, Carl's Jr. Most Sundays we eat at a local pizza place called Me N Eds with a huge group from church.


6. What is your favorite retail store?

♥Target♥

7. What's your favorite thing to drink?
Diet Coke/Pepsi


8. Do you take vitamins? What kind?

Lately, yes,. I take a prenatal at night before bed {just planning ahead}. :)


9. What percentage of the household chores to you do?
85%


10. Do your children do chores? {Or will they, did they, etc}
Yes, Maddie has a chart in her room. Currently, she has make bed, clean room, parents' choice, brush hair, brush teeth. Over the summer, she also had empty dishwasher.


11. Do you go to church?

Yes, faithfully. {Except I am usually late, lol}. Tahner & Maddie go early every week and get donuts. It's their father/daughter time. Tahner has to be there early b/c he does the projector.

12. Do you have a housework schedule?
No, but I need one! I need an insight into yours. I make lists, but I would like to have a system.

13. Do you keep a working budget?
No, we're pretty bad at that. But we are good with our money. We just need to cut back a little more.

14. What do you do at night as a family?
We eat dinner together, do baths for the kids {we switch nights}, then we watch television together, laugh, dance, etc.


15. How do you prepare yourself for a new week?
I like to get the house in order on Sundays {except for today!!}. I try to get laundry mostly done, the house cleaned & in order. It helps me feel prepared.

16. What do your mornings look like?
This year is a little different. Maddie started taking the bus. So she & I get up at 7:00. I make my coffee, her lunch, we get her backpack ready, and I force her to eat breakfast so she can take her pill. Then I check emails/Facebook/blogs. Then I do Pilates & shower. When Saylor wakes up, we eat breakfast together & start our day.

17. What time do you get up in the mornings?
Oh, oops. I already answered that. :) 7:00 am

18. What time do you go to bed at night?

I'm trying to go to bed earlier. I try to be in bed no later than 11.

19. How do you manage all of the paperwork that floods into your household? {bills, school work, magazines, ads, etc}
Well, the reason why I asked this is b/c I'm horrible at it. I have a filing cabinet in my office, but it's nearly full. I go through & clean things out, but basically I have piles all over the house!! In the kitchen I always have piles on the bar. As I try to manage & distribute that, I take a pile of stuff to be filed/kept & put it on the desk in my office. There is just SO many papers.

20. How do you keep your household organized? {calendars, charts, etc}
I keep a large calendar on the wall in the kitchen. I try to keep a small one in my purse. When I get Tahner & Maddie's schedules at the beginning of the year, I go through & write everything down. When I get appointment cards, I put them in the front of my wallet, to make sure I write them down. But I'm still pretty bad about managing my wall calendar. lol.



After I answered these, I realized it might sound strange to ask some of these. And some of you may even *think* I am doing pretty good based on my answers. But the reason for the questions if because I, in fact, do not have it together, and I am interested to see how you manage. I need guidance!

My main problem is STUFF. It is so hard to manage all of the stuff {papers, toys, clothes, etc}. I need to have a better system for sorting, purging, and acutally getting the stuff OUT, instead of it accumulating in our disaster of a garage. My garage looks like it could be an Oprah special, or 'Clean House'. It's bad. I do pretty good at sorting, but not good at getting stuff OUT.

I cannot wait to read your lists!!


36 comments:

♥ Kenz ♥ August 30, 2009 at 11:53 PM  

I totally agree with you about Target! It's a great store..:)

And I'm sure it is extremely hard to stay organized when you're raising a family. I can't even imagine! :)

Excellent post for FMM!

Tanielle August 31, 2009 at 6:59 AM  

Loved playing along, so glad FMM is back!!!:-) Now I'm hungry for Taco Bell, and to go shopping at Target!

honeysuckle August 31, 2009 at 7:07 AM  

Keep up the good work. It is hard to figure out how to handle all the day-to-day activities that moms are responsible for. You'll figure out your own method that works best for you!

April August 31, 2009 at 7:16 AM  

Sorry, I can't help you on anything be we are not organized. But, it seems to work for us.
First time doing this. Off to read more.

Michelle August 31, 2009 at 7:23 AM  

Target is hands down the best! Thanks for hosting again!

Debbie August 31, 2009 at 7:30 AM  

We ate pizza from a place called Me N Ed's in California once. It was phenomenal.

HaB August 31, 2009 at 7:50 AM  

When you find a system that actually works, long terms, to deal with the endless mountains of paper, PLEASE let me know. It is an ongoing battle in my house, and one that I am loosing terribly!

Jenny-Jenny August 31, 2009 at 8:18 AM  

I would also like to hear about house cleaning regimen people have. I need a system as my haphazardness (word? no, but you get it) isn't working.

Connie Weiss August 31, 2009 at 8:37 AM  

I love being organized but stuff still falls through the cracks. I just started my daily schedule a couple weeks ago and it's helping me soooo much!

Divine Mrs D August 31, 2009 at 9:06 AM  

I love McDonald's breakfast and I haven't had it in YEARS. Mmm...

And yeah...I am not a very organized person either...but hopefully you find a way!

Happy FMM!!!

Kelli August 31, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

This was a GREAT idea. I love all of the questions. And yes, some days you just need Taco Bell Tuesday.

Vivienne August 31, 2009 at 9:18 AM  

I don't know if I'll manage to get up a post for FMM this week, but I am so glad you're hosting it. (Is Kasey doing OK...?)

I did an organization/back to school post the other week:
http://viv-spot.blogspot.com/2009/08/am-i-bad-person-if-i-dont-want-to-be.html
:)

Allyson August 31, 2009 at 10:43 AM  

What fun!!

Thanks for bringing back FMM :)

Lindsay August 31, 2009 at 10:56 AM  

oo I need to go read some of these organzied peoples blogs! I am so with you on some of these!

jenjen August 31, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

Happy FMM amber!! I looooove Target. What would I do without it???

I am trying to get more organized. I am excited to see what everyone says about that!

Have a super Monday!

XOOX
Jen

~~Mel~~ August 31, 2009 at 11:38 AM  

That was fun to participate in!

I'm excited to read everyone elses answers.

Mighty M August 31, 2009 at 1:19 PM  

Fun Q&A! I'm going to play too!

Allyson August 31, 2009 at 2:21 PM  

me again!

I just gave you an award :)

Sera August 31, 2009 at 4:02 PM  

What a fun thing to do - this is my first week participating. I hope to be back next week!

~Kate~ August 31, 2009 at 4:25 PM  

It's a pleasure to get to know you. I have to ask though...how do you make the hearts in your text? I've yet to figure that one out.

melaniet42 August 31, 2009 at 4:49 PM  

Neat meme! Great to "meet" you! I too struggle with being organized and STUFF! We're *hopeully* moving soon and I can't wait to start packing! I feel like the packing process is totally the best way to purge and get back on top of our mess!

The Millers August 31, 2009 at 5:24 PM  

Ok my sil sent me this link and i have to tell you first of all to visit my site lol and second... BUY, "The House that cleans itself" at ur local christian bookstore...its AMAZINGGGGGGGGGG

blueviolet August 31, 2009 at 5:26 PM  

This was awfully cute! I'm a diet coke girl as well!

Miller Racing Family August 31, 2009 at 6:36 PM  

What a great list. I also love Target. I think that they have the cutest baby/toddler clothes.
I am totally with you trying to get the house in order before the start of the week.
Thanks again for hosting FMM! Have a great day!

Becca @ The Texas Darlings August 31, 2009 at 6:51 PM  

I ran out of time for FMM this week- hopefully next Monday!

Have a great week!

~Becca

Mrs T August 31, 2009 at 6:53 PM  

this was fun! I hope I linked right. NO clue on how the 'linky' thing works.

Erin August 31, 2009 at 7:18 PM  

oh my! I think I had a bunch of the same answers!! Had fun joining in!

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations August 31, 2009 at 8:01 PM  

Yay for FMM! I need help in the organization department too :)

Anonymous,  September 1, 2009 at 5:13 AM  

I don't have a link to share, but now you have me wanting to eat Taco Bell while cruising through Target! I stay on top of my laundry, at least two loads a day. I am very organized with papers, most everything gets thrown out ASAP. I cannot stand papers lying around. That's the one hard part about school. PAPERS. UGH! I wait until the boys are in the school the next day and thrown everything out unless it's so darn cute that I keep it in special plastic bins under their beds.

Love learning more about you and everyone else too!

~Misti

**Nicole** September 1, 2009 at 10:19 AM  

Have you ever heard of Flylady?? :) http://www.flylady.com/ she has some great tips to help get rid of STUFF :D

Great questions! So nice to have some new random ones :)

~~Mel~~ September 1, 2009 at 12:12 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Everwys September 1, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

Amber,

I dont think I linked right, why is my link the only one that isnt pretty pink?!

Everwys September 2, 2009 at 8:04 AM  

Amber,

I got it now, thanks for clearing it up, I did have that thought go through my head, but thought I'd ask anyway!

Dont feel so sorry for me, the run was more a comedy of errors! And I love sharing funny stories, makes us all seem human. I took the entire summer off from running, too hot and too much to do, so yesterday was a tough one. I feel like exercising doesnt have to be everyday, but I always feel so much better if I go 3-4 times a week. I'm glad I could inspire you, I guess I'm just paying you back for inspiring me with the blog! Keep up the great work!

Kasey September 3, 2009 at 6:45 PM  

Great questions! Glad to see it's doing so good! You're great for keeping it up for me! thank you! I'm starting to get the bug again so hopefully I'll be back soon! THank you for being so sweet!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I would just ♥♥♥ to hear what you have to say!

♥ Amber