:: h o m e   ::   a m b e r   ::   e t s y   ::   f a v o r i t e s   ::   f a c e b o o k ::

>> Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Up & Down

First off, just wanted to say thank you for all of your kind & supportive words about my being down & disappointed in the weight loss department.

Second, just wanted to let you know that I AM actually DOWN in the weight loss department!! I went to weigh in this morning, and I lost 1.6 pounds!! Almost the 2 that I was dreaming I'd lose. I am super excited about this loss because, as you know, I thought I wasn't going to lose any.

I'm also excited to see that I've finally reached 200 followers!! I know I have many more readers, since I have a ton of readers via Facebook, as you can see to the left. Most of them are people that don't use the follower feature. I don't know why I care so much about that button, but I kinda do. I think it's neat.

Also, about my new morning habit.



It's not like I've never had coffee before, but I've never been a regular coffee drinker. I've wanted to for awhile. I even wrote a post about it a month or so ago. Well, today I implemented my routine. I had one cup of coffee and was great. It was yummy. I had energy. It did all of it's duties, and then some.

This morning, I made a little extra, with the intention to use it for iced coffee later today. Since it wasn't quite enough to save, I just decided to have 2 cups. And then didn't eat. And went to Weight Watchers, and about my morning.

Have you ever had SO much caffeine that it actually has a truly negative effect? That'd be me today. After Weight Watchers, I stopped by Walmart to find a new stroller {my dad accidentally ran over my nice Jeep stroller awhile back} :( I got sick to my stomach at Walmart. By the time I went to pick up Saylor at my parents', I could barely function. I couldn't stand without feeling faint. I felt jittery. Sick. Faint. Weak.

I ate a small snack to hold me over since I was on my way to meet Nikki for lunch. That helped a little. Even though I knew I should just drink water at lunch instead of Diet Coke, I did it anyways. MORE caffeine. I was feeling a little better, so I decided to go against my better judgment.

Fast forward to an hour after lunch. I am sick again. Faint, etc, etc. The same as before. Duh. So here I lay on the couch, resting & jittery as the girls watch a Disney sing a long, and play. I hate feeling this way.

That said, I don't think that I'll get around to visiting all of you until later on today when I hopefully feel better. I'm going to try and lay down while Saylor naps.

Have you ever had SO much caffeine that it does this to you??

13 comments:

jenjen August 26, 2009 at 3:25 PM  

Gosh, that's no fun. I have felt like that. In college I took No Doze a few times and felt exactly like that.

I hope you feel better soon!

XOXO
Jen

KiraAJ August 26, 2009 at 3:38 PM  

I kicked my caffeine habit a while back once i started to realise how much of a downer it really was for me in the end! Hope u feel better after ur nap! and grats on the 1.6#!

kimert August 26, 2009 at 3:52 PM  

way to go on the loss!!

shortmama August 26, 2009 at 4:59 PM  

I did the same thing to myself the other night. I had 2 diet cokes after dinner and actually thought I would be fine to go to sleep...didnt happen. I was wired and jittery and up until about 2 in the morning! And then I just felt miserable before I finally crashed and was able to sleep!

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations August 26, 2009 at 5:03 PM  

Ohhh, sorry that you're not feeling so great. That is actually precisely why I don't drink coffee at all. Even a little, and I get jittery and sick to my stomach. I guess I am caffeine intolerant ;) Hope you feel better soon!

The Momma August 26, 2009 at 9:04 PM  

I think im immune to caffine now. I don't really like water and working at a restaurant- what's the other option? I drink it like it's going out of style. SO BAD FOR ME!

Yay for 200 followers! :) Congrats!

Becca @ The Texas Darlings August 27, 2009 at 6:21 AM  

Unfortunately,no...I am such a coffee drinker, that it virtually has no effect on me. Except when I have not had any coffee and then I have a BAD caffeine headache!!!

~Becca

Connie Weiss August 27, 2009 at 9:33 AM  

My body craves caffeine. My mom started putting hot tea in my bottle when I was a baby....I've been having it a long time!

Hope you are feeling better!

Courtney Kirkland August 27, 2009 at 10:05 AM  

I feel like that some mornings. Sometimes if I don't get enough sleep and then drink a cup or two of coffee, I get woozy. Like I'm crashing from a caffeine high.

Allyson August 27, 2009 at 2:24 PM  

Ah, yes, caffeine overdose. Been there. Done that. Not fun. Bad headache. Couldn't sleep that night.

I would give the advice of only drinking a little bit of coffee until you are used to it. You might be one of us that are "sensitive to caffeine". :)

Either way, coffee rocks! But I can't drink it. It gives me headaches. LOL

Jen August 27, 2009 at 6:08 PM  

I'm kind of laughing b/c I drink so much coffee I don't notice all that anymore! You have to build up a tolerance to it :) and don't forget to eat as well. I don't have any caffeine after about 3pm though, otherwise I don't sleep well at all. Congrats on the weight loss! That's awesome!

Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings August 30, 2009 at 9:18 AM  

My husband gets pretty jittery if he doesn't have something to eat with his cups of coffee or if he waits too long to eat after drinking it.

Congrats on the loss...keep it up!

Mighty M August 31, 2009 at 2:10 PM  

Sometimes it doesn't even have to be a lot of coffee - it just has to be one cup of strong stuff and it happens to me!! I try to stick to one or two cups a day. No more than 3. And I find I feel less sick if I drink home made coffee as opposed to Starbucks...

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I would just ♥♥♥ to hear what you have to say!

♥ Amber