:: h o m e   ::   a m b e r   ::   e t s y   ::   f a v o r i t e s   ::   f a c e b o o k ::

>> Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My House Tour:: Parade of Homes 2010






Happy Tuesday! 

I'm so excited to announce that I'm participating in a Parade of Homes over at
I liken this type of party to a progressive dinner, where you move from one house to another. Except at this party, you can wear whatever you want!
 And this party lasts all week long!

If you're new here, welcome! 
I'm Amber, 
and this is my blog, Silver Lining. 
formerly {ae filkins}

I'm a stay at home mom to my 2 wonderful girls 
 with a long awaited baby on the way!! 
I'm married to my best friend, Tahner

I love decorating, making our house a home, spending time with my family, laughing with friends. 
I love blogging about all of these things & making new friends along the way.
I would just love it if you followed along! 


 And now, the tour! 
I'm not going to add a whole lot of commentary since there are SO many pictures! 
Our home is a constant work in progress. Matter of fact, after I took all of the pictures, I painted the frames above the couch in the living room. 
They went from black to white and I like them MUCH better! 
Will update in the morning
**Updated!***








::Welcome to our home:: 


:Our Foyer:

To see how what I've changed recently, & the initial makeover, check out this post

 {I recently got this lantern for $4 at a yard sale!}



And across the way, our 
:Living Room:

 I've changed this room a lot recently. I've always loved lots of white, but was never brave enough to do it until now. Check out the before here
or here

**Note: Check out the frames. 
I changed them from black to white during this process. 
Which do you like better with the room?** 



 {I ran out of paint on the right one, gotta get more}  :)








And next, yet with a lot of projects to go, our
:Dining Room:

 I've been in the middle of recovering my chairs for about a month now. :)
I'm also planning to paint my table white, and give my $25 Pottery Barn-esque desk a fresh coat of white paint as well. 


The treadmill may not be glamorous in the dining room, but it's real life around here! 



 :Our Kitchen:

I've always loved the huge open windows in the kitchen. 
In the last year I've really come to appreciate it fully. 


See the greenhouse/conservatory in the window? 
That was a recent find over the weekend. 
More on that very soon.



:Laundry Room:

 I love my laundry room. I've recently made a lot of changes in here as well. To see the changes from the last makeover, check here.
 {recycling}


 ..................................................................................

Thanks for stopping by!  



And thanks so much to Poppies at Play for having me!
Be sure to check their blog for a full list of all the blogs participating. 
The party runs through Friday and then on Saturday, 
anyone and everyone will have a chance to join!


Next up on the parade Wednesday morning is
 

45 comments:

Frau April 27, 2010 at 2:08 AM  

Gorgeous! I love all the changes you have made. I especially love where you find some of your decorations.

The Painted Home April 27, 2010 at 4:05 AM  

Looks great, love your painted furniture!

Jen April 27, 2010 at 4:34 AM  

Looking at other ppl's houses is a love-hate thing with me - I love your taste & style, but I'm slightly green with envy! :) Good job.

Becca April 27, 2010 at 5:23 AM  

You have a beautiful house- reflects your wonderful personality!

~Becca

Christina April 27, 2010 at 5:44 AM  

You have such a lovely home! I love all the white through out and if I wasn't military I might try it. We can't paint our walls and I need some color!

Andy Porter April 27, 2010 at 5:48 AM  

Amber,
Your house is gorgeous!!! I love all of the little details you've put into it! The front room is my fav, but I'm totally envious of that laundry room too!

Thanks so much for putting so much effort into your post! It looks fantastic!

Erica April 27, 2010 at 5:58 AM  

Amber, I love your home! I pretty much could move right in!!!!

Jenn April 27, 2010 at 6:30 AM  

I really love it all. You have inspired me to change some things around here. We rent so we are limited but I am going to go after it anyway. Jenn

MrsJenB April 27, 2010 at 6:37 AM  

What a gorgeous home you have! I can see all of the thought and care that goes into it.

Sheri April 27, 2010 at 6:48 AM  

What a nice big AIRY house you have! I love how big the living room and the little table with chairs is just too cute! Thanks for sharing

Jen April 27, 2010 at 7:15 AM  

Amber, can I move in with you? Your house is so darling and peaceful! I love all the little touches you have everywhere.

Ok, if I can't move in, can you at least come decorate my house? :)

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations April 27, 2010 at 7:30 AM  

Just beautiful, Amber! It makes me want to just stop on by for a chat :)

trippingtiffies April 27, 2010 at 7:48 AM  

Your house is absolutely amazing!

Becca @ Blue Cricket Design April 27, 2010 at 8:00 AM  

So much fun seeing your home! It feels so welcoming! I'm home #5 so come by for a visit!

Denissa April 27, 2010 at 8:48 AM  

Love it Amber! I like the frames black, but I have a slight obsession w/ black ;)

Denissa

Carmen April 27, 2010 at 8:49 AM  

This was fun! I don't think I've ever seen all of your home. I love your style. So clean and stylish! I feel like I could move right in. ;) And I think the frames in the living room look better in white. It brightens up the room so much.

Tonya April 27, 2010 at 8:55 AM  

Love your house!!! :)

~~Mel~~ April 27, 2010 at 9:10 AM  

I love your house and the way you've made it feel charming and homey! So cute! You are very talented.

Beth April 27, 2010 at 9:28 AM  

Beautiful! So peaceful and calm. I have laundry room envy ;)

Jenn @ WestSacHoney April 27, 2010 at 9:40 AM  

I love your house I wish I had more white but I like the darker colors. So with that I actually like the black frames but that's just me.

Krystal April 27, 2010 at 10:02 AM  

Your home is so pretty! I love all the white that you have used, it really makes it feel bright and airy! Thanks for sharing!

Donene April 27, 2010 at 10:09 AM  

You have done a great job! I love all of your painting projects.

Natalie April 27, 2010 at 10:58 AM  

I love your living room--it's so fresh! I think it reminds me of a beach house : ) The white is so refreshing!

Beth@The Stories of A to Z April 27, 2010 at 11:01 AM  

I'm #3 stopping by to see today's homes on parade :). Love all your little blue touches. So beautiful!

Simply LKJ April 27, 2010 at 11:58 AM  

Amber,
You have done such a great job with your home. I love all the white! I am currently trying to incorporate more white into my home as it is my new found friend! LOL I do have to say...I'd kill for your laundry room. We have a good size home, but I do not know what they were thinking when they designed our laundry room...you can hardly turn around in it.

The Pink Blogger April 27, 2010 at 12:35 PM  

Your home is absolutely beautiful!

Misti of Studio M Designs April 27, 2010 at 12:59 PM  

Everything looks fabulous, Amber! I don't know why I didn't know that you have changed the blog. I remember talking about the name change, but had no idea! Glad I came by to visit. Looks great!

~Misti

TR April 27, 2010 at 1:26 PM  

I love your house! Thanks for the tour. I think the black frames in the living room look better.

Creative Decor by Brooke April 27, 2010 at 1:54 PM  

Your house looks great. Thanks for the tour.
Brooke

melaniet42 April 27, 2010 at 5:42 PM  

What a beautiful home!! BTW, I like the frames white in your living room... You've created such a peaceful looking space!!

♥ Kenz ♥ April 27, 2010 at 6:08 PM  

Wow Amber! I already knew your home was beautiful, but good grief...it's beyond lovely just as you are!

Traci@ Beneath My Heart April 27, 2010 at 6:40 PM  

What a beautiful home you have! I love all the touches of white throughout. Your home looks so cozy and inviting. THanks for the tour!
From #2 on the tour. :)

♥Aubrey April 27, 2010 at 6:52 PM  

LOVE...love...LOVE the new blog name! Thanks for giving us the tour :) What a lovely home.

jenjen April 27, 2010 at 7:31 PM  

Amber --

Your home is just so pretty! I love the frames. The white looks awesome. That little table and the chairs are adorable.

So cute my friend -- just like you!

OXOXO
Jen

Lacie @ Creative Attempts April 27, 2010 at 8:06 PM  

this is such a fun idea and I think it's so cool that you played along I love it and your house is super cute it almost feels like a spa :)

Room to Inspire April 27, 2010 at 9:30 PM  

Looks lovely - I must say, I love that your home looks so "real". The decorating is great and it feels like I could walk in and really live in this space!

Chelsea

Miss Mustard Seed April 28, 2010 at 4:37 AM  

Your home is so pretty! I'm glad I'm not the only one with a treadmill in my family room. :) We use it and there is no other spot for it, so what are you going to do?

The How-To Gal April 28, 2010 at 7:40 AM  

Can I please steal your gorgeous kitchen window?!? Doing the dishes might be bearable if I had your amazing view!

jennykate77 April 28, 2010 at 12:05 PM  

I love your house, Amber! It's so fresh and bright...I love the feel of all the white and earth tones. Your laudry room is fabulous!

Vintage French Hen April 28, 2010 at 8:28 PM  

Your home is so pretty! I love the colors you picked out. Thanks for sharing!
Marcia

Yaya' s Home April 29, 2010 at 9:47 AM  

Oh, your home looks so cozy and inviting. You really have a touch for how to decorate. Thank you for sharing.

~ Yaya
Yaya's Home

Dawn April 30, 2010 at 5:55 PM  

Thank you for sharing your home with all of us!

Your home is so beautiful and welcoming! I love that you have chairs at the cocktail table for your girls! So cute!

Umma crafty squirrel May 3, 2010 at 4:43 PM  

I love your house, it's so airy. The white painted frames look better than the black.

dawn April 29, 2011 at 6:01 PM  

i have that exact same couch (x2). love what you did with the pillows!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I would just ♥♥♥ to hear what you have to say!

♥ Amber